Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Are we or Aren't we ?!

Okay, currently I'm kind of addicted to Sex and the City.. I found a lot of questions from that show. you know, in that show the main character Carrie with her 3 best friends which I found look a lot like me and my three best friends where we talk about a lot of things (but not sex). And today I've just got the intercultural communication class's final test. And I think and just keep thinking by myself, about low and hight context and which one is better and I just don't know.
It's really is confusing. Is staying virgin a wrong thing to do? do we really really need to do a "test drive" before marriage? is dating supposed to be casual relationship or a bonding relationship?! Is that wrong to be a successful woman? Is that wrong to be single in our 30s? Is being married really that worst?

And many many more questions?

Not just from Sex and the City from other movies I also found that low-context people they don't say the words "I love you" that easily and I think that's a good thing to do. You know I've been in a relationship before and I know it's really really difficult for to say "aku sayang kamu". And I just don't know why..but my tounge just twisted up and I can't say those words.. That's why I kind of confused when I my boyfriend (at that time) told me to say those words.. For me those words cannot been speaked out unless we really really meant it. (in a relationship, it's easy for me to say I love u mom or dad or my other famz).

And about being virgin.. okay honestly "test drive" is a must do. I know in my culture it's taboo. But, I don't care I mean based on my research from movies, books, and my families stories (u know they talk about sex in front of me, they're really really open about it). Sex is one of the "key" to a marriage. it's also good medically and mentally, to keep the intimacy of those couple. Call me a whore.. but that's what I believe.

Successful woman?! I want to be a success and independent woman that can count on herself, financially ofcourse. But u know there's thing called "bachelor" about a single man, rich, successfull, good looking.. which will be haunt by every single woman. but how about "bachelorette" a single woman, successfull, and good looking.. no one want to be with her, man are affraid of those woman. Why? is that wrong? Come on, woman have dreams..woman have power.. don't be such an selfish asshole.. damn!

We're all living on the same universe, we breath on the same air, we're eating from the same land that called earth.. why man and woman can't be the same? Why there's no specific word to described a man-whore or a man-bitch.. why it's all only for woman?

No comments: