Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Stand Up Now.. Not Later

And someday if they tell you about it
If the darkness knocks on your door
Remember her, remember me
We will be running as we have before
Running for answers, running for more

I run for hope, I run to feel
I run for the truth, for all that is real
I run for your mother, your sister, your wife
I run for you and me my friend

-I run for life by Melissa Etheridge –

I’ve just watched standup2cancer show, and I cried. It’s just get me, specially when the songs imagine was played and the actors became the narrator for those survivors. The message is just simple such as “I’m 2 years old and I’m a hero. I’ve done 2 surgeries and 8 cemo….” No freaky pictures added, there’re just they’re smiling faces.
And I couldn’t help myself but wonder, what can I do to change it.. to help it?? I feel ashamed of myself that can do nothing but writing this entry. I feel like I need to do something to make a different. Not just to all the cancer battlers but also to those who needs help.

So, anyone who read this entry.. Please keep this in mind.. You don’t need give a huge amount of donations. A single dime could help millions..
We don’t need to be big to start it. It can start by little actions..

Trust me, giving is much more fun than shopping.. well, I’m not saying I’ll stop shopping.. No, I’ll reduce it, and I’ll give more.
Because what we’ll do today, it’ll count, for a better tomorrow. Believe me on this!
I am not a religious person, but I believe that it’s what you do that counts!!

And you can do it now.. not later.. not next time..

No comments: