Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Reasons, Purpose, and Dream

Everyone was running desperately
Aiming for something
They were stretching their hands toward something
Which was invisible to the eye
Even if there is no goal there
Even if they had realized that their hand couldn’t reach it
They were still moving forwards it with all they had
But, I wonder
What I was doing
I was just staring
And I did not even try to stretch my hand out
I was scared of the result, and couldn’t take a single step forward
I was jealously watching the paths that everyone found with effort
By saying that I was different from everyone else, I was making an excuse for myself

I was just afraid of being hurt

If there is no map
You won’t know where to go
I thought you choose where to go after you seen the map
But, that was wrong
I am not lost because I don’t have a map
I.. don’t have a purpose

I wanted to move even faster
I wanted to go even further
Concentrating on that, I continued to pedal

-taken from Honey and Clover dorama-

We need reasons to do something, but what happened if we don't even have a single reasons?
I know it's easy to say, but it's hard to do..

why am I sitting here right now? What's my purpose?
I've always told anyone that my purpose to keep on moving these days was because I have this dream..a dream to open up my own cafe. But..
people say that I need to be mature and start thinking about work, love life, etc

My question is..Is that wrong to having a dream? Having a dream is childish? A dream is just meant to be just a dream? Am I dreaming to high??

So if it's not for reaching our dreams, then why are we living?

4 comments:

Susan said...

Well, dreaming about open up your own cafe someday isn't immature. It is also a work, and if it's what you love to do, then that's a part of your love life.
Go on and reach your dream. Only you who know what you want.
Of course, you need to learn a lot before you start realizing your dream, by working, by learning, by experiencing.
One little single step foward is better than stay where you are for all your life.
AND I'M NOT GOING TO BE A SOTONG!!!!You are the one who gonna be a sotong if you just givin' up your dream.

Oka Master said...

Hi...\(^^)
Do you still remember me ? (^^)
Aku ngga pernah nyangka ternyata kamu ini sangat dewasa sekali.
Nice, very nice...
Ok, have a great day
Oh ya, did you receive my e-mail ?
GBU ...\(^^)/

Susan said...

oowww...vipe has an admirer..uhhhhuuiii...=D

the Rabbit said...

Thank u all for the comments..
Extra thanks for u Soe..