Monday, November 8, 2010

A Walk Through Ashes

I went to some shelter for the volcano disaster's victims with some people from my company. We sent out foods, water, blanket, medicines and many more. And what I've witnessed is just.. horrible

On our way to Jogja from Semarang we passed by some small local town which had already turned into gray. Everything is gray and dead, all those greenish scenery now turned into a sad, gray, and covered with ashes.

In one of the shelter in Salam, Magelang the condition is terrible. They put hundred of elders in one small room, where there's like no room to move. The air is dusty, smelly, and just awful. It was hot and they're lying on the hard floor. Because there are no electricity after 5pm and no clean water running.

It was a very great opportunity for me, even if I just delivering these small help. I'm hoping more people will lend their hands to not just pray but to actually DO something.

No comments: